Monday 22 July 2013

Chris Froome Wins 2013 Tour de France

Chris Froome has won the 2013 Tour de France. 
He's the second British man to win the iconic race, and as he cycled across the finish line in Paris he became the 100th winner. 



It's nice to hear some positive news for a change, but that hasn't stopped some people from commenting that Froome is not British because he was born in Nairobi, Kenya. 
According to reports he has been riding under a British licence since 2008. 
Oy Vey! Some people really do seem to take delight in sucking the joy out of life. 
The news is reporting that Chris Froome is the second Brit to win the Tour de France, so that's good enough for me - I love a bit of good news. :)


I haven't watched much of this years Tour de France, but a few years ago I watched it up close and personal when we lived in the South of France. Not because I'm a particular fan, but because it came whizzing through the centre of our village, faster than you can say 'wow, those shorts are tight', or if you prefer something shorter (pun intended), bicycle. ;)


Chris Froome, 28, dedicated his win to his mother Jane who died of cancer, he also reportedly said of his win, 'I think it's going to take a while to sink it'. 
He reportedly beat Bradley Wiggins, last years Tour de France winner by a lead of 5 minutes and 3 seconds. 


I saw photos in the news of Chris Froome cycling after he'd crossed the finishing line with a glass of champagne in his hand, so I think his win is already sinking in. ;)
I can't think of a better time to drink a nice cold glass of champagne than when you've just finished a truly gruelling cycling race - in France. 
Cheers!
Congratulations Chris Froome winner of the 2013 Tour de France. 



Disclaimer: I'm not an artist. Clearly. 







No comments:

Post a Comment