Sunday 22 December 2013

Marks & Spencer - Putting Their Customers Last by Allowing Muslim Staff to Refuse to Serve People Buying Alcohol and Pork

Unbelievable!?

I was just flitting about reading various things online when I saw this news headline -
M&S tells Muslim staff they CAN refuse to serve customers buying alcohol or pork

Mmm, don't mind if I do.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #Westons #Westonscider #cider
Grub.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #food #lunch #meat #ham #gammon #sweetpotato #courgette #carrot #cauliflower Yummy, yummy in my tummy - yesterday.

I always used to say there's nothing that shocks me about the World we currently live in, but lately that's not quite so true.

I am shocked by this news. No, actually I'm not shocked, this type of news seems to be pretty standard practice lately in Britain doesn't it.
I am not shocked, I am bloody outraged.
I am incensed.
I am affronted.
I am infuriated.
But most of all I am seriously sad.
Sad that in Britain, which is a Christian country, Muslim beliefs seem to be given priority.
It just doesn't make sense to me.

It's been way too long.  #pub #beer #ale #realale #meat #food #beef #cameronstrophyspecial #blacksheepbeer #blacksheepbrewery #blacksheepbitter #stapyltonarms

It's ironic that in some Muslim countries it's illegal to be a Christian. You will be killed if you are a Christian. It is true that in Muslim countries freedom of worship is rare, and often illegal.
And yet here in Britain where we practice liberal attitudes towards all religions, there doesn't seem to be any realisation by the very people we are bending over backwards to please, that we are indeed liberal about people having the freedom to follow the religion of their choosing, without fear of prosecution or death.

I don't for one minute think we should be anti-Muslim, or anti any religion.
I am a lover not a fighter.
And I like to think that the majority of Muslims are peaceful people, but it's difficult to ignore the radical extremists.
It's those people, who headlines like this one about M&S allowing certain staff members to not do their job, are pandering to.
No wonder fanatical Muslim extremists think we are a soft country, and that we should change the way we live, and change our laws to Sharia law.
We seem to be slowly losing everything that is typically British.

Yes! Always yes!  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #vin #vinrouge #wine #redwine #wineglass #blackandwhite

Britain is a Christian country, fact. And just because the number of people who go to church on a Sunday may be less than the number of people who attend Mosque, does not mean we are a Muslim country.
AS the saying goes, standing in a church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a mechanic.
We may not outwardly appear to behave in what non-Christians consider to be Christian behaviour, but that's none of their business.
We are not a Muslim country, we do not have to abide by any of their rules.
If you don't like how we live in Britain, it's simple, don't live here - it's not compulsory.

I don't care where people are born, I don't care if they're British Muslims, this is not a race issue.
It's about religion, it's about a fair society.
As I said we are a liberal country. So why don't people appreciate that they are free to do many things that they would not be able to do in many other countries.
It is headlines like this that cause trouble. I am a good example of this, I am a very peaceful, calm person, but reading this headline really wound me up.
Thankfully I am not the type of person who will go out and do anything stupid, but there are people who will use this as an excuse to misbehave.

We like red wine. We like it a lot. Liquid lunch.  It's not as nice as the wine we used to drink when we live on France.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #vin #vinrouge #wine #redwine #bottles #empties #emptybottles #emptywi

There is absolutely no need for Marks & Spencer to implement this move. They are causing problems where none exist.
Surely if a Muslim person has a problem with people buying alcohol or pork, then they must also have a problem working for a company that sells these products. Unless of course they are hypocrites.

No real ale number 2.  Had a pint of #ExhibitionAle Hubby had #Strongbow #cider #pub #peanuts #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk It was better than my previous pint.

Marks & Spencer are eejits. If there was an issue over their Muslim staff not wanting to sell alcohol or pork to customers, which I'm not certain there was, then all they had to do was inform their staff that they were not obliged to continue working there, and then every time they interview someone new ask them if they have a problem with this. If they say yes, then tell them the job is not suitable for them.

Why do some companies feel the need to complicate things?
Are they deliberately stirring up trouble?
I wish we could all live in peace and harmony.
But in Britain today it feels as though the beliefs and opinions of British Christians and non-Muslims are rarely considered, or worse still briefly considered and then completely ignored and/or overridden.

We've furnished the lounge!  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #beer #englishbeer #britishbeer #ale #realale

What the feck is going on in Britain?
I am at a loss to understand this latest move by M&S especially considering that just a couple of days ago I read that they're having trouble reaching their sales targets.
Decisions like this are no doubt part of the problem, and quite frankly I don't think Marks & Spencer deserve to meet their sales targets.
As much as I am ranting about this, I do feel bad for the non-Muslim staff, because I'm sure this policy will see less customers willing to spend their money in M & S. Less customers, less money in the tills, less staff required.

What is going on?
If people who feel the same as I do, about this ridiculous decision allowing Muslim staff to refuse to serve customers if they're buying alcohol or pork, they are called racist.
It's absolutely crazy.

According to the news article I read this latest M & S policy will apply in 700 of their shops.
Customers who want to purchase alcohol and pork will be asked to wait and pay at a different till, if they have queued at a till being staffed by a Muslim who then refuses to serve them.

I married well.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #food #lunch #sausage #sausages #CumberlandSausages #beans #homemadebeans #potato #carrot #parsnip #egg #bread #homemadebread #homemadesourdoughbread #homemadesourdough #sourd

I just can't get over the craziness of this.
And isn't Marks & Spencer a Jewish company?
So wouldn't working for Jews be far more offensive than serving a customer a bottle of wine or a packet of bacon?
Yes, yes, I know, I know! I'm being ignorant, not all Muslims hate Jews. Hahaha! But some do, and they also like to chop and change the rules of their religion to suit themselves.
I'm too mad about this to think sensibly.
What a shame a powerful company like Marks & Spencer hasn't got the balls to say, if you don't like working here, you know where the door is.

Part of the problem with these ridiculous headlines that seem to be printed with greater frequency lately, is that us Brits tend to have a good moan about them, about how unfair it all is etc. and then that's it. Nothing. We don't do anything. I think partly because we feel powerless.
But surely we should do something, maybe we should be more like the French. Maybe.
I'm not suggesting we go out and riot or anything illegal. But we could put our money where our mouth is, as the saying goes, and not put our money in the tills at M & S.

£13.98 for 2 'Steak Club'meals or for 2 Steaks and a bottle if wine £16.99. ❓❓❓ I've been manipulated. Hubby sobs good. We had 2 steak and a bottler of red wine. Very warm red wine.  Steak was actually a surprise. A pleasant surprise.  It was very flavour

Having read this news, I will not shop at Marks & Spencer again.
The chances of me queueing up with a shopping trolley full of booze, bacon, sausages, or some other delicious pork meat are high, and I'm pretty certain the chances of me leaving empty handed are low, because a Muslim worker refused to serve me.
I'm certain because I have shopped in many different branches of M & S over the years, and all over the country, and even in branches not in the UK, and I have never been aware of any staff member working on the tills who was a Muslim.
But still, I would not appreciate wasting my time browsing the wine aisles, waiting for ages in the queue (M & S always seems busy to me, not sure why their profits aren't healthy) only to be told I can't be served. I would without a doubt leave my shopping and walk out.

They say no publicity is bad publicity.
Is that true?
This news headline about Marks & Spencer has definitely helped me decide to boycott them - for good.
I wonder how many other customers will feel the same.
If we feel powerless to do anything about the continued erosion of what we consider the British way of life, then maybe we should vote with our feet.

That's it!
One hastily written, knee-jerk opinion on the idiocy of M & S allowing their Muslim staff to still get paid for not actually doing their job.
I'm done.

Man it's warm outside.  Best thing to do is stay inside. And drink beer.  #YellaBelly #beer #ale #realale #pub #bar #TheWarrenInn #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk Bottoms Up!

What's your opinion about Marks & Spencer allowing Muslim staff  to refuse to serve customers buying alcohol and pork?

No comments:

Post a Comment