It's full of death and destruction, which is why for a long time I stopped reading the news or watching news on TV but lately I've been pulled back into what's being reported as news.
There seems to be so much news too, far more than ever. I guess that's partly due to the expansion of social media, everything can be reported and shared instantly, and re-shared and so on, so it's as though there are a billion news stories every day.
Anyway, here's just a very small selection of the news reports that got my attention.
- Kent and Canterbury Hospital employs new chief executive Chris Brown on £294,000 a year salary for 4 day working week. Read more here Kent Online
- Staffordshire police warn arrests may be made after receiving over 700 complaints about snowballs being thrown. Read more here The Sentinel
- Boris Johnson said home-grown fanatics who join ISIS are wankers, who watch porn because they can't find girlfriends. Read more here The Guardian
- Cecilia Carrasco said she was pushed over at work - by a ghost. Read more here Metro
- Pensioner Doug Yeomans, 78, receives tax bill for £4.7 billion. HMRC told him not to worry, he can pay it off at £950 million a month. Read more here Derby Telegraph
- Raif Badawi, the Saudi blogger who was sentenced to 1,000 lashes and 10 years in jail for insulting Islam on his blog, has had his flogging postponed for the third week. Read more here The Guardian
- New Greek government delays sanctions against Putin in its first fight in the EU. Read more here Mail Online
- The Secret to a Long Life? A 'good tipple' say oldest sister in the World. Read more here Mail Online
- Winston Churchill: 50th anniversary of funeral commemorated. Read more here The Guardian and here Mail Online
- Snow, snow, and more snow in Britain. Read more here Mail Online
- David Cameron accused of smears, bribes, and lies in dirty tricks election campaign. Read more here Mirror
- Beer sales in the UK increase for the first time in a decade. Read more here Sky News
- Qatari royal family have plans to convert 2 homes into one £200 million palace scuppered by planners. Read more here London Evening Standard
- Big Brother: Katie Hopkins says Katie Price has nice womanly body, after they shared a shower. Read more here Express
- UK summons ambassador over Russian bombers. Read more here Sky News
Do you pay much attention to the news?
Or do you prefer to ignore it as much as possible?