Thursday 31 July 2014

La Maison Elyse, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, 2012

La Maison Elyse, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, 2012

image
Wrinkly label - I took the bottle out of the recycling bin to photograph it, and it had been raining

If you knew Mr.R you'd know he loves red wine. And since we resettled back in Blighty, I'm an enthusiastic drinker of vin rouge too.
For about a decade we lived in the South of France surrounded by grapes on the Worlds largest vineyard (slight exaggeration) vines as far as the eye could see, winemakers for neighbours, and everything else wine related, and despite having seriously good wine at reasonable prices available on our doorstep, literally, I rarely drank. Now we're back in the UK I drink red grape juice every day. The irony is not lost on me.

Anyway, this bottle of La Maison Elyse, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, 2012 was nice.
I could ramble on about the nose, mouth feel, palate etc, but to be honest we drink a lot, so I can't always remember what I thought about any particular wine, so I'll share what the producers say about this wine.

La Maison Elyse.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #wine #redwine #cabernet #sauvignon #shiraz #frenchwine
I just noticed it says Shiraz on the label, surely it should say Syrah?


The label on the bottle says -
This wine is rich and full with aromas of bramble, plum and forest fruit. On the pallet there are flavours of ripe black cherry fruit, with a finish that is long and smooth. This wine will go well with grilled red meat, cheddar cheese and meat topped pizzas. 

Have you tasted La Maison Elyse, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, 2012?
What did you think of it? Did you like it?
Or like me and Mr.R do you drink lots of different wines and find it difficult to remember what's what?


No comments:

Post a Comment