Monday 26 October 2015

Ukala, Sydney, Low Boots - Review

I purchased a pair of Ukala, Sydney, Low Boots, from Amazon UK around March 2015.

Ukala, Sydney, low boots.  Sheepskin boots.  Sand colour.

They are actually boots, to be worn outside, but I bought them to wear as slippers - indoors only.
I know sheepskin Ugg style boots are popular, and I see lots of people wearing them outside, but I really don't like the look. I think sheepskin boots look huge, and seriously scruffy, so I'd never want to wear mine outside.
That's not to say I am particular about my appearance, on the contrary, all of my clothes are 'dog walking clothes' and as such are covered in dog hairs, mud, sand, and slobber. Classy I know.

Anyway, boots, as slippers.
I chose the sand colour boots, although there are other colours available - chocolate, black. and chestnut.
I paid, £31.44. The price varies, depending on the size you order, and when. I have seen them priced as high as £65.
I noticed that the price for my size changed quite a lot during a short period of time - when I was trying to decided if I wanted to order them - OCD and indecisiveness meant it took me a while to finally place the order.

Ukala, Sydney, low boots.  Sheepskin boots.  Sand colour.

The boots themselves were instantly comfortable, straight out of the box.
They fitted perfectly, they were lovely and warm, very comfortable, and they didn't rub.
The back of the heel is firm, so even after a lot of wear, the boot isn't all squashed, which is what often seems to happen with sheepskin boots.
The soles were very slippery, but I thought they would be, so I simply roughed up the bottoms very slightly, and they were fine - no more fun slip-sliding all over the kitchen floor.
The other thing about the soles is that, because they are actually boots made for outside, and not slippers made for indoors, are thick and when they were brand new they were quite rigid, but they soon softened up.
The hardness of the sole meant that they more or less completely crushed the super thick and fluffy carpet we have in our house, but obviously that's not a fault of the boots.

Ukala, Sydney, low boots.  Sheepskin boots.  Sand colour.

It's near the end of October 2015, and I have worn my Ukala, Sydney, Low Boots, every single day without fail since they arrived. Yep, even through the Summer.
Well, we live in the North of England, and I'm always cold, so I've never felt that my feet were too warm.
And sheepskin is excellent at keeping cold feet warm, and warm feet cool, so they really are suitable to be worn every day of the year.
I am as pleased with the boots now, after wearing them a lot, as I was when I first started wearing them.
The only negative thing I have to say is that within a day or so of wearing them the stitching around the top of the left boot came unravelled in one area, and a day or two later, the same happened on the right boot.
The thread only unravelled in a small area, and it hasn't unravelled any further. It's obviously from where I pull them on, and I could easily repair them, if I could be bothered - which I can't.

Ukala Sydney Low Boots

The exterior of my Ukala 'slippers' are still in pretty good condition, even after wearing them every day since March of this year, and with my two, often clumsy, and sometimes dirty pawed, dogs standing on my feet.
The interior condition is also pretty good too, with just a little bit less sheepskin fluff than when they were new. During the first few days of wearing them, when I took my feet out of them at night, a few small pieces of sheepskin fluff came out too.

Ukala, Sydney, low boots.  Sheepskin boots.  Sand colour.


The dog always thinks anything the postman delivers is for him - usually it is - but not this time. Ha!

I am very pleased I decided to purchase the Ukala, Sydney, Low Boots.
I think they are worth thirty quid, but I wouldn't pay £65 for them.
I really like my Ukala boots (slippers), and I'd happily recommend them, but only as indoor slippers.
As I haven't set foot outside in them, I have absolutely no idea how good they'd be.
Do you like sheepskin boots?
Have you tried the Ukala, Sydney, Low Boot?
Do you wear them as slippers?





No comments:

Post a Comment