Saturday 31 August 2013

Wright's Traditional Soap

I recently purchased a bar of Wright's Traditional Soap. 


I was looking for a bar of soap that doesn't contain lots of nasty chemicals, but alas as I was in a supermarket at the time I knew this was unlikely. 

There wasn't much choice, just the usual Dove and Imperial Leather, but there was a brand I hadn't seen before, Wright's. 
So I decided to chuck a bar of Wright's soap in my shopping trolley. 

I didn't have my glasses with me so I couldn't read the ingredients properly, but I could see the list was quite long, which is rarely the sign of a good for your skin, natural product. 

The ingredients in Wright's Traditional soap, if you're interested, are ~
Sodium Tallowate
Sodium Cocoate
Aqua
Sodium Palm Kernelate
Cocamide DEA
Parfum
Sodium Chloride
Glycerin
Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil
Tetrasodium EDTA
Eugenol
d-Limonene
Etidronic Acid
Amyl Cinnamal
Cinnamal
Coumarin
CI 11680
CI 15510


Hmm, sounds lovely doesn't it?
Now I've got my glasses on, and I've written down all of the ingredients, I'm not sure this was such a good purchase. Haha! :/

If you're not bothered about nasty chemicals in your products, or using them on your skin, you probably don't think about what's actually in the products you use. 
I clearly don't care as much as I thought I did either. ;)


Anyway, I quite like this soap - apart from the thought of what it may be doing do my body. 

The packet is bright orange, which is one of my favourite colours :o it says 'traditional soap' which is obviously meant to make you think it's good, a tried and trusted recipe. 
It also says it was established in 1860, yet another thing that makes this soap look like a decent product. 
Last but not least, the front of the soap packet says it's, 'soothing, cleansing, antiseptic, with coal tar fragrance'. 


The first thing I did when I picked the bar of Wright's soap up from the shelf in the supermarket was sniff it. 
It definitely has a strong aroma. It smells medicinal, like hospitals in the old days. 
It smells as though it will be good for your skin. 

Once I'd got my new bar of Wright's Traditional soap home, I opened it and washed my hands with it. 
It doesn't lather up as much as some soaps do, but that's not a bad thing. Many soaps lather so well because they're full of sodium lauryl sulphate. 
This may be too, although it isn't worded as such on the packet. 


The scent of Wright's Traditional soap lingers on the skin for ages after washing. 
It does smell good, in a hygienic, safe, clinical kinda way. 
I like it!
Would I buy it again? Probably not, but only because I am determined to start using all natural products again. I have lapsed lately, and quite frankly I'm appalled at my lack of care for my skin - after all it's the bodies biggest organ and great care should be taken of it. 

Have you used Wright's Traditional Soap? Did you like it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment