Thursday 27 August 2015

Homemade Bread Rolls - Perfect for Smothering with Organic Butter, or Better Still - Burgers!

I love bread, in all and every form.
Hmm, actually maybe it's the obscene amount of butter I like to slather on anything vaguely bread-like that I really enjoy?
Kidding! Well, sort of, I do like butter, lots and lots and lots of butter.......

Bakers kiss. Homemade bread rolls. 🍞😘😊
Bread Rolls baked by Mr.R - Complete with 'Bakers Kiss'

I digress, this blog post is about bread.
Bread that, rather unusually for me, I did not smother in extremely generous amounts of delicious creamy organic butter.

Burger! 😋🍔 Homemade bread roll, burger with griddled aubergine and red pepper, curried sautéed onions, homemade fat chips, and habanero chilli. 😋😋😋
Burger! Homemade bread roll, beef-burger with griddled aubergine and red pepper, curried sautéed onions, homemade fat chips, and habanero chilli.

Oh bugger! I'm doing it again, rambling off subject.
Right, where was I? Yes, bread!
A few days ago Mr.R made some seriously tasty bread rolls for our lunch.
If we didn't smother them with butter, what did we have in the delicious homemade bread rolls?
Meat! Hahaha!
Yep, we used the rolls as a meat delivery system for a seriously good lunch of burger - and chips - homemade chips - of course!
Most bread available in the UK is very low quality, which is because of the awful 'Chorleywood bread process (CBP)' which was developed in 1961. But that's a topic for another blog post.......
Do you make your own bread?
It really does taste so much nicer than the horrible shop bought crap doesn't it?
What's your favourite type of homemade bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment