Wednesday 11 September 2013

Cold! I'm Very Cold :(

I'm always cold. Well, almost always. 
I don't mean emotionally, I mean physically. 
For the past couple of weeks, when I haven't been working up a sweat carrying out various bits of DIY in our new house, I've been covered in goosebumps and shivering, absolutely freezing. Freezing! I exaggerate slightly, but only very slightly. 
I've been feeling so cold I'd swear it's Winter. 

Today I am once again feeling very cold. 
I've just had a super-hot shower, which did warm me up, and kept me feeling warm for about ten minutes after I'd left the bathroom. 
But now I'm back to feeling cold, which is why I'm sitting here in multiple layers of clothing, and big fluffy slipper boots on my feet. It's also why I'm seriously considering putting a dressing-gown on over my already bundled-up body, and possibly a woolly hat. ;)


I am not looking forward to Winter. 
According to Google, and he does know everything ;) it's not even Autumn yet. 
Google says that Autumn starts on the 22nd of September. Today is only the 11th of September. 
Crap! If this is still Summer, I have no idea how I'm going to cope with Autumn, let alone Winter. 

As a Brit you'd think I'd be used to cold, wet, grey weather. I probably was, many years ago, but not now. 
Having lived in the sunny South of France for about 10 years, followed by our recent 2 years of World travels, in mainly gloriously hot countries, I don't think my body is used to feeling cold anymore. 
I wasn't happy about living back in Blighty, and the lack of hot sunshine is definitely not helping me feel settled. 

Obviously I could put the central heating on, and sit in front of the lounge fire, but as it's still 'Summer' I refuse. If I put the heating on now, what will I do when it really is Winter?
For now I'll just have to steal some heat from Mr.R as he's always hot, so I guess I shouldn't complain about feeling cold because I have got a lovely life-size hot water bottle. :) 

In truth it probably hasn't been as cold as I think it has. 
I'm anaemic, and they say it can make you feel the cold, so it may be partly responsible for my shivering, but I don't think anaemia is the main culprit. 
I think it's the North!
Yep, as we are now living in the North of England, I'm blaming the North. 
So, my feeling so cold is not medical, it's geographical. 

I never imagined there'd be a 'you are here' location marker on a map of where I live, so far up North. 
bet I wouldn't feel so cold if I was back down South. ;) 
And by down South, I don't necessarily mean the South of England, which would be preferable to being up North, I mean anywhere that's further South. I'd happily live in Monaco. :)
Hmm, that reminds me, I must buy a ticket for the next EuroMillions lottery. :o


Do you feel the cold when your family and friends are warm?
What's your top tip to keep the cold away? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment