Monday 23 September 2013

Bubba Classic 20oz Insulated Travel Mug

I had been looking for an insulated mug for ages, but couldn't find one I liked. 
Then one day whilst shopping in Asda I saw what looked like the perfect insulated mug. 

It was a Bubba brand, Classic 20oz, Insulated Travel Mug.


The label said it kept drinks hot and cold, 6/10 hours. 
It wasn't ridiculously expensive like a lot of the insulations cups I'd seen, so I purchased it. 

The label also said:
  • Dual-walled polyurethane (exterior & interior) with foam insulation (BPA free), and stainless steel exterior band
  • Keeps cold beverages cold, and hot beverages hot for hours
  • Tough and durable construction featuring ergonomically designed handle with soft touch TPE grip

  • remember writing a product review on a consumer website about my new Bubba insulated travel mug, how much l liked it, and how good it was. 
    Trouble is, when I wrote that product review I'd only ever used the mug indoors, where it was always placed on a completely flat surface. 
    I didn't really intend to use the mug at home, as the main reason I'd wanted an insulated mug was for the car, which is the main purpose of this mug - it says it in the title, 'travel'. 


    It was when I finally used my new Bubba mug in the car that my opinion of it went from 10 out of 10 to zero. 
    Thankfully I'd only filled the travel mug with cold water because it had leaked the entire contents all over the floor of the car. 
    I'd put the Bubba travel mug in the footwell, it had obviously fallen over, and spewed the water all over the carpet. So, as I said, thankfully it was only water because at least it didn't damage the carpet, make it all sticky, and cause a nasty smell. 


    Maybe it's me being an eejit, but surely a 'travel' mug, that has a lid, should have a proper seal to stop the liquid contents spilling out. 


    I don't understand why this Bubba mug doesn't have a proper seal. Why make a product with a lid that may as well not have a lid?


    The  Bubba Classic 20oz Insulated Travel Mug is crap!
    There's no use for it, and the only place for it is the bin. 
    Very disappointed. :( 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment