Tuesday 20 May 2014

India

Many moons ago we went to India for the first time. It was 2002.
We returned to India on our most recent World travels, but the photos on this blog post are from our first trip.
India. Our first trip, 2002
Unfortunately I was very unwell during our first trip to India, and so, despite planning to stay for a good few months travelling around the country, we left much sooner than we'd intended.

India.  Our first trip, 2002



India.  Our first trip, 2002


It's because I was so ill, side effects of the anti-malaria drugs I was taking, that I hardly remember much about India from that time.
That's why, as I sat messing about online this afternoon, I started to flick through our old travel photos. When I found the India 2002 photos, it brought back a few memories, nice memories, that were not of me feeling crap. And so I thought I'd upload a few of the photos on a blog post.

India. Our first trip, 2002


India.  Our first trip, 2002


India.  Our first trip, 2002

As much as I've travelled, I always seem to remember things incorrectly.
I remember historical sites or places, bars, restaurants, train journeys, flights, bus journeys, food, and people etc. but I usually mix them up.
Thankfully Mr.R has a much better memory for recalling events accurately, but as he is currently enjoying an afternoon nap, and therefore can't help me, I shall just add the photos and not include exactly where they were taken. Having said that, with some of the photos it's obvious where they were taken - the Taj Mahal in Agra for example.

India.  Our first trip, 2002

India.  Our first trip, 2002


I'm not going to write in detail what I thought of India from our first trip, other than to say I liked it, the country, the people, and the food.
Having visited India again recently, I now have much more to say, but that's not for this blog post.

India.  Our first trip, 2002

India.  Our first trip, 2002
For our first trip to India we were mainly in the North of the country, having flown in to Delhi, and not being able to travel much further because I was so ill. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't as though I was ill with Delhi belly.
Oh well, it could have been much worse, as I've read, and been told by medical professionals, that the anti-malaria drugs I was taking had caused some people to commit suicide, such was there awful side effects.
Oh, but that's depressing, and not particularly relevant to this blog post, which was supposed to be a couple of lines of text and a few photos of India.
Typical me, I've rambled.......
So I think that's enough now. More than enough.

India.  Our first trip, 2002

India.  Our first trip, 2002

India.  Our first trip, 2002

Have you been to India?
Where did you go? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment