Wednesday 7 May 2014

Siberia Rhubarb Saison, from Ilkley Brewery - Review

We recently stocked up on lots of bottles of craft beer, which we purchased from a lovely booze shop in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
One of the beers was Siberia Rhubarb Saison 5.9% from the Ilkley Brewery, in the Yorkshire spa town of Ilkley.

I'm not quite sure what to say about this beer, it's slightly confusing.
Judging from the label I'd say it's aimed at the American market.
Judging from the taste, I'd say I didn't get much rhubarb flavour. Maybe my taste buds were having an off day when I tasted this beer?
Mr.R enjoyed this ale, he said, it had interesting flavours, a good feel in the mouth, the rhubarb gave it a slightly tangy feel, and it had a yeasty undernote.
He also said it was expensive, for £3.40 for a 500ml bottle. I agree with that, it's pricey for what it is.
I didn't particularly like it, but then I'm contrary, if I tried it again I may love it.

Lunch.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #IlkleyBrewery #beer #ale #realale #rhubarbbeer #SiberiaRhubarbSaison

I hope you found this review of Siberia Rhubarb Saison 5.9% from Ilkley Brewery, incredibly insightful, and more importantly seriously helpful. Hahaha!
Oh dear, maybe I'd drank too many beers before writing this post.
What's your favourite beer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment