Wednesday 25 November 2015

Kallo, Belgian Dark Chocolate, Organic Rice Cake Thins - Review

I like rice cakes, and I like dark chocolate, so when Mr.R recently received a big box of organic food stuffs that he'd won, I was pleased to see a packet of Kallo, Belgian Dark Chocolate, Organic Rice Cake Thins included amongst his haul.

I hadn't tried this brand of rice cake before, but they sounded nice, so I wasted no time in ripping open the packet to taste them.
Actually that's not true, but it sounded a bit more dramatic that what I actually did, which was nothing.
Well, not for a while anyway.
Mr.R unpacked the box of food items, and the Kallo chocolate rice cakes were put in the larder. And that's where they stayed for ages, until I saw them one day and fancied trying them.
I still didn't hastily rip open the packet in my desire to scoff them though, no, I put them in the fridge.
I thought the dark chocolate would taste really nice if it was cold.
A few days after I'd put the packet of Kallo chocolate rice cakes in the fridge, which I'd obviously forgotten otherwise I would have eaten them much sooner, I finally remembered and opened the packet to try them.

I can't stop eating. These are very nice, and they were free. I blame the cold weather for my insatiable hunger. 😜😋


I'd made a nice hot cup of green tea, and fancied something to eat with it, so I bit into one of the chocolate covered rice cakes, and it was as delicious as I was expecting.
The rice cakes are as stated in the description, thin, and they are topped with a generous amount of tasty dark chocolate.
I definitely think keeping them in the fridge was a good decision, the rice was nice and crispy, and the dark chocolate was perfectly firm.
I really enjoyed my first Kallo dark chocolate rice cake, and I've eaten a few more since I finally opened the packet, but I've still got a few left. They are a decent size, adequately satisfying, so I only ate one at a time.

I'm not sure what else to say really, as I already seem to have rambled on quite a lot about these tasty squares of rice cake and chocolate, so I think I'll leave it at that.

From the packet - 

There was a chocolate owl, Who only came out at night.
He was the shyest bird in the forest, 
He was never spotted in flight. 

“Why are you always in hiding?” 
Said the woodpecker, tapping a beat. 
“Because I’m made of delicious dark chocolate, 
And I’m ever so splendid to eat.”

The Low Down -

  • 55 calories per rice cake thin 
  • A source of fibre 
  • Made with Belgian chocolate 
  • No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives 
  • Vegetarian and coeliac friendly 
  • Gluten Free 

Ingredients and allergy information -
Ingredients: Organic dark chocolate (59%) (organic cocoa mass, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa butter), organic wholegrain brown rice.
Allergen Advice: Made in a factory that handles soya, sesame seeds and milk.

Nutritional Information -
Typical values                    per 100g                  per rice cake
Energy                               2039KJ/488Kcal       229KJ/55Kcal      
Fat                                     24.1g                      2.7g
of which saturates              14.6g                       1.6g
Carbohydrates                   57.2g                       6.4g
of which sugars                 23.4g                       2.6g
Fibre                                 7.4g                         0.8g
Protein                              6.8g                         0.8g
Salt                                   trace                        trace

So, Kallo Belgian Dark Chocolate Organic Rice Cakes, my verdict - they're absolutely delicious!
Have you tried Kallo, Belgian Dark Chocolate, Organic Rice Cake Thins?
What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment