Thursday 17 October 2013

Don't Worry ~ Be Happy

I'm a born worrier. 


If I'm not worrying about something, I worry. ;)



This quote appeals to me ~ 

Worrying does not take aways todays troubles,
It takes away tomorrows peace. 



My mum always says there's no point worrying. Whatever will happen, will happen, whether you worry about it or not. 
I know she's correct, and I try not to worry, but I can't seem to stop. 
I've been thinking of this quote every time a worry enters my mind. I think it may be helping. 


Do you worry?
What do you do, if anything, to try and stop yourself from worrying. 




2 comments:

  1. My Mum was a worried. Had she locked the windows before going out? Turned off the plug sockets? locked the back door? Turned the oven off? My Mum worried that she was overbrushing her teeth, then brush them some more as she was worried they were going yellow. She worried about money constantly, worried about bills and worried about our energy usage. My Mum worried to the point it ruled her life.
    I grew up in this house of worry, the constant stress, having to return early for trips in case she'd left the cooker on - even though she hadn't used the cooker! It wasn't a bad environment to grow up in but it was definitely a part of my childhood.
    Because of being surrounded by this worry I decided when I left home that I wasn't going to worry so much. I have a very laid back attitude to life now and find that I don't worry often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, that's similar to my mum, always worried, but then one day decided it served no purpose, and told me not to worry either. She succeeded, I still worry. Hehe! Glad you have laid back attitude, my hubby does too, and he's happier for it. :)

    ReplyDelete