Wednesday 29 October 2014

Barley the Lurcher Loves to Eat

Barley, our lovely Lurcher has several favourite things in life.
Eating.
Playing.
Sleeping.
Not necessarily in that order.

Barley would happily spend all day, and night, in bed sleeping.

He would also happily spend hours playing, with his toys, and with me and Mr.R.
By playing with us I mean nibbling, he likes to nibble - especially me.
I guess I must taste good.

Mmm, thank you! Treat time!  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #Lurcher #dog #sighthound #rescuedog #food #beefknuckle #dogbone
Barley is always obedient when there's food on offer, he instantly sits.


And that nicely leads me on to eating.
Like a lot of dogs, Barley loves to eat. He will eat anything, literally - it doesn't even have to be food.

We feed him a healthy balanced diet of two home-cooked meals a day. He also has the occasional treat.
This huge bone was a freebie from a local butcher. We'd popped in to buy some ox hearts for Barley, and lamb chops for our lunch, and the butcher asked if we'd like some beef knuckles for Barley.
Barley barked a loud, Yes!
He didn't really, but I like the thought of it.

I was standing outside the butcher shop with Barley, while Mr.R was inside making the purchases.
As soon as we got home Barley got to enjoy gnawing on one of the beef knuckles.
He was a very happy chappy indeed.
Do you give your dog raw bones?

No comments:

Post a Comment