Tuesday 28 October 2014

Les Jamelles Syrah 2011 - Wine Review

I never know what to write, I mean I don't know how I want to start a wine review whenever I do a blog post about wine.
Ah, there, that's it. Done! Haha!
So, now I've got the first couple of sentences I'll get on with the wine review.

Mr.R bought a bottle of Les Jamelles Syrah 2011 a while ago, and we drank it.
We drank it straight away, but I've only just got round to writing this wine review.
So many wines, not enough time to drink and write about them all. Hehehe!

Les Jamelles, Syrah, 2011. Red wine. French wine. Wine.

Les Jamelles Syrah 2011 won several awards in 2012 including -

Gold Medal, SMV Canada 2012 
Silver Medal, IWSC 2012 
Silver Medal, Decanter 2012 
Silver Medal, Syrah du Monde 2012 
Bronze Medal, Challenge International du Vin 2012

What did I, we, think of it?
It was a pleasant fruity wine with a lovely flavour of berries; blackcurrants, gooseberries, raspberries, cinnamon, mint, a hint of pepper, subtle anise, and vanilla.
This wine had an earthy vegetal taste, decent length; silky finish, nice amount of tannins.
It's not a particularly complex wine but for the money, about £5, it's surprisingly smooth, and very drinkable.

Random fact, I also really liked the nice swirly lettering on the label of this Pays d'Oc wine from the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. It's resembles a hand-written label, which made me think of small independent winemakers....... blah blah blah.
No doubt that was the intention, but whatever - I like it!
It also reminded me of home. It had me reminiscing about our old life in France, and wishing we were living there now.......

Les Jamelles, Syrah, 2011. Red wine. French wine. Wine.


From the label -
This Syrah was made with grapes grown in Southern France's Pays d'Oc region. 
This is a wine with character. It is intense and spicy with aromas of blackberry, violet and garrigue complemented by a hint of pepper. 
Full bodied on the palate, it is best served at 17-18c with Mediterranean cuisine, spicy dishes, stewed or barbecued meats, game and deli meats. 
Have you tried Les Jamelles Syrah 2011?
Did you enjoy this wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment