Wednesday 4 February 2015

Green and Blacks, Maya Gold, Organic Dark Chocolate with Orange and Spices

I like chocolate.
During my life I've eaten my fair share of chocolate, in the form of traditional bars from the newsagent, but I rarely eat that type now. I haven't eaten it regularly for many many years.
Yes, occasionally I'll crave a particular bar, and always, without fail, I regret buying it - because they are all overly sweet, sickly, and low quality. Unfortunately that's just how chocolate is in the UK.

The type of chocolate I prefer is proper chocolate. 
Good quality, preferably dark chocolate. I usually eat chocolate that is 70-80% cocoa, so it's strong and slightly bitter.

I had a bar of Green and Blacks Maya Gold Organic Dark Chocolate a while ago, and having purchased Green and Blacks chocolate before I knew it would be good quality.
The wrapper said, 'Infused with a twist of orange and delicate spices. 55% cocoa'.


Tasted funny. Not funny haha. Just not that pleasant.    #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #greenandblacks #organic #chocolate #MayaGold #darkchocolate #cocoa


The description sounds nice to me, so I was expecting to enjoy this bar.
I didn't enjoy it. It had a peculiar taste, it was like eating perfume.
I only ate one square, and then the chocolate bar was shoved back in the fridge, where it stayed for a long time. Then one day, out of sheer desperation; we had no other chocolate in the house, and I had a serious craving for some, so I opened the pack and broke off a piece of the Maya Gold chocolate, hoping that the first time I'd tasted it there was something wrong with my taste buds, and this time it would taste delicious.
Unfortunately it was as unpleasant as the first time. This time, I didn't bother putting the chocolate back in the fridge, I threw in straight in the bin.
And that's something I don't ever remember doing before. Throwing away chocolate? Doesn't sound likely for a true chocolate lover does it?

Anyway, that was that, and although this was probably the only product I wouldn't like, the experience has put me off a little, and I haven't purchased any Green and Blacks products since.
Are you a chocolate lover?
Do you like Green and Blacks?
Have you tried Maya Gold Organic Dark Chocolate? Did you like the flavour?

No comments:

Post a Comment