Wednesday 18 March 2015

Beach Fun With Our Lurcher, And His Friend, A Bull Terrier

Yesterday morning, Mr.R, Barley, our lovely Lurcher, and me, all went to one of our local beaches.

We'd arranged to meet a friend there, who brought one of his dogs with him, a gorgeous Bull Terrier called Mandy.

Happy boy. 🐢😍☺️ #Lurcher #dog #sighthound #rescuedog #beach #sea #CrimdonBeach #CountyDurham #England

The weather was dull, but that didn't stop me taking lots of photos of Barley and Mandy.
I couldn't resist, I am obsessed with our gorgeous boy Barley, and Mandy is a sweet girl.

Mandy! πŸΆπŸ’› #BullTerrier #dog #beach #sea #CrimdonBeach #CountyDurham #England

Unfortunately, because the sky was all clouds, and everything was so dull, the shots I took yesterday are not as punchy as they could have been, but I like them - despite the lack of sunshine.
And because neither Barley or Mandy were still for more than a nano-second it wasn't easy to actually get any shots of them at all, so I'm happy with what I did manage to snap. If any part of them was actually in the frame I was pleased. Hehehe!

Legs. πŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨πŸΆπŸΆ⚽️ #BullTerrier #beach #CrimdonBeach #CountyDurham #England

All five of us, three adults, and two excited dogs, had a really good time walking along the beach for a couple of hours.
By the time we'd all walked back to the cars we were feeling quite exhausted, but in a good way.
I love being by the sea, breathing in all the salty fresh air, and getting some extra exercise.
My right thigh felt particularly tired after I'd spent most of my time, when I wasn't taking photos of Barley and Mandy, kicking the football for the dogs to chase.

Friends. πŸΆπŸ’›πŸΆ #BullTerrier #Lurcher #dog #sighthound #rescuedog #beach #CrimdonBeach #CountyDurham #England


I'm no David Beckham, but I think the dogs appreciated my footballing skills, as they continued to run off after the football every time I kicked it. Bringing the ball back to me seemed to be asking too much from Barley and Mandy. So not only did I get to kick the ball for them, I also had to run and retrieve it, so I could kick it again. Hahaha!
They did bring the ball back to me sometimes, just not every time.
And it wasn't long before Mandy proved just how sharp her teeth are - the football didn't stand a chance. Ha!
But even after the ball was punctured, and full of seawater and sand, I still managed to kick it for them to chase.

Come on human, kick the ball! 🐢🐢⚽️ #BullTerrier #Lurcher #dog #beach #sea #CrimdonBeach #CountyDurham #England #ILoveMyLurcher


We'd also taken a tennis ball for Barley and Mandy to run after, but that also suffered a fatal puncture wound. Hehe!
Burst balls, aching legs, fresh sea air, lots of exercise, and two very happy dogs - a perfect morning.
Does your dog loves playing fetch?
Do they bring the ball back to every time?
And how long do your footballs or tennis balls survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment