Wednesday 26 March 2014

Tap Water. Fluoride. Why does the Government Want to Damage Our Health?

Tap Water. Fluoride. Why does the Government Want to Damage Our Health?

I know I am fortunate to have access to running water in my house.
I know that there are a lot of people in the World who are dying from lack of water.
What I don't know is why our government seems determined to poison us by adding fluoride to our drinking water.

Yet again the subject of fluoride being added to our tap water is in the news.
Today the Daily Telegraph has this article about fluoride in our water -
Fluoride : Just when you thought it was safe to drink the water...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthadvice/10722701/Fluoride-Just-when-you-thought-it-was-safe-to-drink-the-water....html

Water - Tap Water

This is an issue that I take very seriously. My favourite drink is water.
Although if you looked at my photos you may get the impression my favourite drink is beer and/or wine.
Seriously though, I love to drink water, it is the only drink that quenches my thirst, and the only drink that makes me feel good.
I enjoy drinking tap water, or at least I used to.
When we moved in to our current house, in the North East of England, I noticed that the water was very different to the tap water in London, or in the South in general.
The first thing I noticed was the incredibly strong smell of chlorine. Nasty!
The chlorine is so strong that I felt really unwell whenever I drank the tap water, which was many times a day - as I said, water is my favourite drink.
Anyway, realising I couldn't drink the tap water in our house, I ordered a water filter, which thankfully does get rid of almost all of the chlorine.
It was when I was researching water filters that I looked online to see what other nasties were in our tap water. Rather worryingly I found that fluoride is added to the water in this area.
I also read that it is not common in most of England, and that neither Wales or Scotland add fluoride to their tap water.
Pfff, trust me to have bought a house in an area where fluoride is added to the tap water. :(

Water - Tap Water

For a few months now, I've been wanting to write about tap water, its safety, pesticides, chlorine, metals, fluoride etc. but as with many things I put it off, mainly because it's just too depressing to think about let alone write about.

So this morning when I was reading the Telegraph online, and I read the article about water and fluoride, I saw it as a sign.
I am seriously unhappy, just the thought of the government adding fluoride to all of the drinking water in England is outrageous. They should immediately stop adding it to the areas it's already being added to, not increase it to every area.

A few weeks ago I actually sent a tweet to David Cameron on twitter, telling him to Stop! adding fluoride to our tap water.
I know it was pointless, as politicians don't care about anyone but themselves, but it made me feel better, all be it for just a few seconds after I'd sent my tweet.

upload


Incredulous!
I am so frustrated that despite paying a lot of money for mains water for our house, and being sold 'clean, safe tap water' it is actually nothing of the sort.
Apart from the fluoride, there are a myriad of other nasty substances in the water. I know, because I read the local water boards information about it online. And that's what's scary. The substances they list are very bad, so I dread to think what they omitted from their reports.

Our government seems committed to killing us all, but as I'm trying to stay focused on the topic of fluoride being added, without our consent, to our drinking water, and to not going off on a rant about all of the other ways in which the government is deliberately damaging our health for profit and/or control, I shall leave it there for now.

Water - Tap Water


I truly believe that fluoride is seriously toxic for human health.
But, even if it isn't, and it is actually beneficial for our teeth, adding it to our tap water is completely illogical.
This is the brief comment that I just posted on the Telegraph article.
I commented - Adding fluoride to our tap water shouldn't be allowed. Even if it does help keep teeth healthy, it's nonsense - unless you keep your mouth full of water. We swallow the water we drink, so it's not touching the teeth for very long at all is it? It's just another way for the government to poison us, and we pay a lot of money for unsafe tap water. 
Maybe we should all write to number 10, telling them that we do not want, or need, fluoride in our tap water.

Oh how I wish we lived in a better World, where our governments genuinely cared about us all, and didn't force us to take risks with our health simply by turning on a tap.

upload


I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
Are you as riled-up as I am about fluoride in your tap water?


No comments:

Post a Comment