Monday 17 March 2014

Vegan? Never! Give Me Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!

Vegan? Never!
Give Me Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!
I Love Eggs!

Mr.R had to go away for a few days, leaving me and Barley behind.
It was during this time that the thought of eating a vegan diet sort of appealed to me.
I'm not really sure why this thought popped in to my head. It wasn't anything to do with health, or moral reasons, I just thought I may like to eat what vegans eat, or more importantly not eat meat and fish.
It was probably more than likely due to my Instagram addiction. I seem to salivate a lot more at all of the bright colourful vegan food photos, than any other food shots.

I love eggs.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #food #eggs


I didn't eat much whilst Mr.R was away. Not for any particular reasons, other than I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cooking or preparing proper food for myself, and as I suffer from insomnia at the best of times, missing Mr.R meant I hardly slept at all during his absence, so I couldn't muster up enough energy to cook anything decent.
Ironic I know, because eating properly would definitely have given me more energy.

Yep. Love 'em.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #egg #food


Anyway, as I sat thinking this morning, thankfully with the chef, Mr.R, busy in the kitchen preparing our lunch, I tried to remember exactly what meals I had eaten when he was away.
I remember eating some plain boiled potatoes for dinner one day, a couple of slices of bread; spread over two days, the bread was homemade by me - apparently I managed to find enough energy to get in the kitchen and bake bread, I made pancakes one day, and a broccoli, spinach, onion, and garlic concoction with dozens of spices (which I think made me ill), and some hummus, also homemade by me. Apart from that I ate a couple of eggs, on two separate days.

Eggs


It was when I remembered eating the eggs that I realised I could never be a vegan.
I seriously love eggs. Eggs are the perfect food. They are quick to cook and full of goodness; protein, vitamins, and minerals. Fried. Poached. Scrambled. Boiled. Eggs in tortilla, omelette....... I love eggs.
So, my love of eating eggs means a vegan diet is not likely for me.
Also when Mr.R served our lunch today, a seriously delicious thick, comforting, and scrumptious beef, bean, and mushroom stew, I was certain a vegan diet just isn't for me.
I will continue to enjoy perusing the food photos on IG and no doubt salivate at the vegan shots - many of which are actually served in a glass because they're juices. Shots, glass, get it?

Why I can never be vegan.  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #eggs #friedegg #tobascosauce #tobasco #pancakes #food

This isn't a joke, about the morning after. How do you like your eggs? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment