Thursday 27 March 2014

Winter Blues - in March

Winter Blues - in March

At the beginning of this month, March, the weather forecasters said the rest of this month was going to be lovely and warm.
Since they said this, the weather has changed from mild, buds on trees beginning to open, birds chirping happily, and various other signs of the start of warmer weather, to, well, to Winter.

Flowers


Since I heard the good news about this March being an unusually warm and sunny March, it has been the exact opposite.
Our early morning dog walk, Barley our Lurcher likes to wake us up at the crack of dawn - bless him, had seen us dressed in big jackets, hats, scarves, and gloves, but the first few days of March were so lovely that we'd happily left our Winter wear behind, and gone out without the hats, scarves, and gloves. Even Barley had swapped his thick Winter coat for his lighter-weight one.

Flowers


Unfortunately the weather forecasters got it wrong, and each day since the lovely warm weather was forecast, it has been getting more and more Wintery.
Last night it turned very cold, and this morning Mr.R, Barley, and me were all wrapped up in our full Winter clobber before we headed out for our morning walk.

Flowers


I'm very pleased we did decide to wrap up warm because it was seriously cold outside.
The wind was blowing a gale, the sea was very noisy with huge waves crashing against the shoreline as we walked across the fields along the coast.
Thankfully we'd finished our morning dog walk, and returned to the house before the rain started.
Since we came back to the house, the weather has not improved, in fact it has been much worse, with stronger wind, rain, hailstones, thunder, and lightening. So much for a lovely warm March.
I'm not looking forward to going out this evening for a walk with Barley. I think I may stay in doors, and let Mr.R brave the bad weather.

Flowers


When we were out walking this morning I briefly thought about shooting a few photos, and a bit of video of the scenery, but I wasn't keen on taking my hands out of my pockets, let alone removing my gloves.
So rather than dull, depressing photos of the crappy weather, I thought I'd cheer myself up by looking through some of our old photos.
It wasn't long before I found loads of bright and colourful photos of flowers, which is why I thought I'd blog about the weather. Plus I'm English, so grumbling about the weather comes naturally.
I enjoyed flicking through some of our old photos, just looking at them cheered me up immensely, and hopefully, whatever weather you're experiencing, the photos will brighten your day a little bit too.

Flowers


I like flowers, not so much when they're in a vase in the home because it makes me feel sad, but outside in the soil where they can live happy lives under sunny blue skies.
All of these photos were taken during our previous life in France.

Do you like flowers, do you have a favourite flower?





No comments:

Post a Comment