Friday 19 September 2014

Cepa Lebrel Reserva 2009 - Wine Review

This wine is another of our buys from Lidl, it cost £5.99.

Mr.R really enjoys Rioja, but I've never been a fan - until now.
Maybe it's age, or maybe my palate appreciates different flavours, but I'm enjoying Rioja a lot more than I ever used to.
This was a particularly enjoyable bottle of Rioja. It was spicy on the nose, with subtle flavours of strawberry, oak, and vanilla. It definitely improved in taste once it had be allowed to breathe for a while.

Cepa Lebrel Reserva 2009. Red wine.


From the bottle label -
Cepa Lebrel wines are the result of years of experience and dedication. Full of character, structure and body, this Reserva has been aged for 36 months, 18 of which took place in oak barrels. We recommend decanting the wine before serving. Once opened, consume within 3 days.

Cepa Lebrel Reserva 2009. Red wine.


I've said it before, but it's worth repeating, so I'll say it again, you can't beat Lidl for reasonably priced, very drinkable wine, and this Rioja is definitely one we'll be purchasing again.
Have you tried Cepa Lebrel Reserva 2009?
Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment