Wednesday 6 May 2015

Countdown To The UK General Election 2015 - Exciting Innit!?

It's almost time for the General Election 2015.

Will we end up with an unelected coalition again, who will govern us for the next 5 years, despite the fact that not one single person in the United Kingdom chose them?

Will it be 'Goodbye Dave!' as Mr.Cameron is kicked out of Downing Street?

Or will there be a Labour SNP coalition, despite Ed Miliband saying he won't get into bed with Nicola Sturgeon?

Or will there be a miracle, and will the people of Great Britain finally have a government that cares about them, doesn't constantly tell them lies, cheat and abuse the system, and doesn't put other countries needs before our own? By which I mean a government lead by our lovely Lurcher, Barley.
I am serious!
Barley is a very clever boy, and I know he would make a much better leader than the muppet who is currently in Number 10.


Barley the Lurcher for Prime Minister of Britain!

But, if the miracle I am chanting for, Barley our Lurcher being the new Prime Minister, does not come to fruition, then I guess not much will change.
Not much will change, because as I'm certain we all realise, politicians just do not care about the electorate.
They truly only care about themselves. Well, maybe a few do care about us, but sadly the majority do not.
I'm not being deliberately negative, there is proof of how little the current Conservative government cares about its people.
It is because of them that the United Kingdom is in the mess it's in. Austerity is there favourite word, as long as it doesn't include them, or their family and friends.

It is because of the Tories that there are reportedly ONE MILLION people using food banks.
And if one million is the reported figure, it's probably actually double that number - at least. The right-wing news are not beyond fudging figures to make the Conservative Party look good.

Lately I've been wondering just how ignorant of the facts the general public are. I mean, does anyone honestly believe David Cameron when he claims that he's created a gazillion jobs? I know that's not the exact figure he quoted, but it may just as well have been, because it's all lies.
Anyone with a functioning brain cell knows that Dave manipulates the unemployment figures to suit whatever lies he wants to flog.

And what about when Dave says he's going to make further benefit cuts, 12 BILLION QUIDS worth of benefit cuts.
It's news like this that appeals to the ignorant, uneducated, or simply blinkered sheep, who read the Daily Mail and believe everything David Cameron tells them.
I find it difficult to understand how the sheep can believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Don't they know that 'benefit claimants' are not all unemployed, lazy, Jeremy Kyle fans, who sit around on their bums all day smoking joints, and drinking cans of Special Brew?
Sadly, they probably don't know that 50% of people who are claiming benefits are actually working, they are employed, they are hard-working people. But they have no choice but to claim benefits because they don't earn enough to support themselves and their families.
Why?
Well, one reason is because of the short term employment contracts, which basically allow the employer to abuse their staff with obscenely low wages, no benefits whatsoever, and no stability. How are people supposed to live under circumstances like that? How can they pay their mortgages, or rent, pay bills, buy food? Simply answer, they can't.
But what do the Tories care? They don't.
I'm sure they're only too happy that the 'peasants' are struggling, and in some cases dying. Yes, people have died because of the austerity measures the Conservative party implemented. People have felt so alone, and have struggled to survive living in poverty, that it all became too much for them and they committed suicide.
Less people, means less problems for our government. A few less is a good thing, but not too many too less, otherwise there would be no one paying tax, and then our politicians would be as broke as millions of people who are living in Britain are today.

What will the 7th of May 2015 bring? A new day, or more of the same?

I do wonder about the people of Blighty, I mean is it me or are we/they scarily stupid? How on earth did we/they put up with the evil non-elected government for the last 5 yrs? And why?
We should be more vocal about these issues. After all, the politicians work for us. Or at least they should, but in reality they work for themselves, and not very hard work at that. Many of them have second or third jobs, and not because they're struggling to make ends meet, but because they are coining in by charging obscene amounts of cash for the work outside of parliament.

I think our politicians should be full-time, only have the one - as a politician.
And there should be less of them.
We have 750 of them! That's ridiculous! You only have to tune into any filming inside parliament to see that most days there are only a handful of MP's in attendance.
Where are they all?
Well, there are probably quite a few stuffing their faces with cheap food and wine in the restaurant in the houses of parliament. And by cheap food, I don't mean it's cheap quality, I mean it's seriously subsidised, which is why they are more than happy to stuff themselves.
Food banks don't even register on their radar.

This blog post may sound like I am seriously against the Conservative Party, I'm not saying they haven't been successful because they have. They have been extremely successful, with the help of the right-wing media, in demonising everyone who claims benefits.
If I had £1 for every time I've read an online comment about how 'us taxpayers are fed-up paying for benefits scroungers... blah blah blah' I'd be a multi-millionaire - just like David Cameron and his work-shy cronies.
What the people who write such nonsensical comments don't seem to realise is that we are all taxpayers. Everything we buy is taxed. Tax isn't all about the seriously high amount of money that the government take from your wages. Every single time we make a purchase we are paying tax.
So it is unfathomable that the people who write those comments think of themselves as different to other people, for example people who may not be employed. Just because someone doesn't have a job and earn a wage, it doesn't mean they don't pay any tax. Of course they are not paying as much tax as someone who is working and receiving a regular income, but then they don't have as much money, so they couldn't pay more tax - even if they wanted to.


Roses are red, violets are blue... Who will you vote for, Tories, Labour, or other?

Oh bugger!
I spent most of this morning, all of this afternoon, and some of this evening, debating about whether I would write and publish this blog post.
I decided I was going to, and I wasn't going to - I'm contrary.
I decided I was going to write about today being the last day before the General Election 2015, and when I was out walking with Barley, you know our lovely Lurcher, and if we lived in an ideal World - the new Prime Minister of Britain, I wrote it in my head many times, and it was short, and to the point.
Yep, I said short and to the point, which is why I finally just sat down and started typing a few minutes ago.
But as is obvious, this blog post is not short, or to the point. I am frustrated with myself that it's so long, and rambling.
I honestly only intended to write a few sentences, and not bang-on about the failings of David Cameron and the Tory party. Thankfully I am too tired, and my eyes are too sore (hay-fever and dog allergy), to bother writing down all of Camerons failings, good god, there are so many, and that would take so long, it's be the next General Election before I finished.

As I am flitting about all over the place with this blog post, and not sticking to the point I initially intended to make, I will say one more thing before I leave you in peace dear reader - that is assuming (yes, I know it makes an arse...) that anyone is actually reading this.
Maybe David Cameron is reading? Or Ed Miliband? If you are, I am available to tell you where you went wrong, and/or where you can improve. Contact me by commenting!
Er, where was I? Oh yeah, one last point, my mind is whirring....... Yep, General Election 2015, yada, yada, yada........ Voting! Votes! It's all about votes, obviously, which is interesting, I mean you may well think I am going to vote for the Labour party tomorrow.
Well, who I vote for is my business and mine alone, or at least it would be - if I was voting.
No, I am not obeying Russell Brand and his 'don't vote' diatribe. Or has he changed his mind and said we should all vote? He has, hasn't he? I can't keep up with these fickle folk.
The reason I probably won't be voting in the General Election 2015 is because it is highly unlikely that I will be able to.
Why?
Because my polling card has yet to arrive. It is now almost 7pm on the evening before us 'Hoi Polloi' are allowed to vote, and there's no sign of it. Mr.R received his polling card in the mail yesterday morning.
So, yeah, basically, I am ranting on an on about politics, politicians, and the General Election 2015 and I won't be voting.
Hmm, I am so pleased, glad, over-the-moon that I am living in a democracy. Ha! Don't make me laugh, Britain is not a democracy, we do not live in a democratic society - so I guess that's why I won't be able to vote tomorrow.
I wonder how many other people won't have received their polling card in time to vote in the General Election 2015?

Right, that is it, honestly, I am all out of rants....... for now.
I have absolutely no intention of watching the General Election 2015.
During our last General Election I sat glued to the TV. But this time I'm planning to pretend it's not happening. I'm going to pretend all is right with the World, or with Britain anyway, I'll don some rose-tinted specs, play with Barley, and chant for all of the people who are going to be shafted even more by further austerity cuts if David Cameron remains in power.
How anyone can vote for David Cameron when he has clearly said he'll make more benefit cuts, but refused to say where exactly, let alone clearly, is seriously beyond my understanding. It's as though Tory voters are all masochists, they want things to be worse, presumably because they think it won't affect them - little knowing that Dave is more than happy to shaft everybody; the lazy work-shy benefit scroungers, the full-time employed, or those on short term contracts. Everyone is fair game to him and his pals.

Oops, I rambled on again, despite saying I was finished. Ha! Oh well, if you've read my blog posts before, I'm sure that's no surprise to you.

Despite all this rambling, I know that as soon as I hit 'publish' I will think of a billion other things I wanted to say, and no doubt they'll be far more eloquent in my head than they would be in type.
Hey-ho, whatever, it doesn't really matter does it?

Ooh, I just remembered one more thing, I read today that 33% of politicians rent property.
I hope they're managing to survive, I hope they don't end up having to use the food banks.
FOOD BANKS! Oh my god! My grandparents are dead, but if they were still alive, they wouldn't believe Britain had sunk so low, FOOD BANKS! There shock would be completely understandable considering the UK is the sixth richest country in the World, or something like that - it depends what statistics you read.
But you get my point don't you? Britain is a seriously rich country, and yet we have food banks, and people are using them. It's all so very sad, and depressing.

Disclaimer: I don't get much sleep.
Lack of a decent nights sleep seriously affects my brain. 
I rarely know what way is up, so I may even be writing this blog post in my sleep - well, that's my excuse for anything/everything that may offend you. 

Here are some news articles you may find interesting - if you haven't already read them.


I know what I think will be the result of the 2015 General Election, but what are your thoughts?
What would you like to see happen?
Who are you voting for? Or haven't you received your polling card yet either?


No comments:

Post a Comment