Monday 11 May 2015

Cuvée des Princes Merlot, Vin de Pays de Vaucluse IGP, Rotwein 2012 - Wine Review

I haven't written a wine review blog post for ages, I've had a little break from blogging and since I've been back I've written ranted about politics, the general election, the Conservative Party, and David Cameron - all of which is enough to drive me to drink.......

So, here's a wine review, hopefully it'll snap me out of the gloom I feel about the political system in Britain.
Right, wine, yes, we drank this bottle of red a couple of months ago.
It's another bargain from Lidl supermarket.

Cuvée des Princes 2012


From the label -
Cuvee des Princes 2012, Merlot vin de pays de Vaucluse created in 1925.
Cellier des Princes produces prestigious wines for the Rhine Valley.  
100% Merlot. 
Keep for 2 to 3 years.
14% vol

From the Lidl Magazine -
The sunny vineyards of the Vaucluse in the south of France are perfectly placed to produce ripe, flavoursome red wines. This one is not too heavy and not too dry, with bright, plummy fruit - easy drinking on its own or with food. 
£4.99. 

I usually enjoy Merlot, and this wine was a pleasant dry red with delicious fruity flavours of cherry and plum, gentle tannins, and a smooth finish. Definitely worth a fiver!
Have you tried Cuvée des Princes Merlot, Vin de Pays de Vaucluse IGP, Rotwein 2012?
What did you think of this wine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment