Monday 11 May 2015

The Future For England, Wales, Scotland, and All of the UK - Bleak, Thanks to the Tory Party and David Cameron

I was determined not to write any more blog posts about the recent UK General Election, but I've been sitting here for most of today thinking about it all and I can't resist writing just one more post.

I watched Daily Politics on BBC2 today, so I'm blaming them; Jo Coburn and Andrew Neil, for filling my thoughts with politics once again.
They were saying how the Tory Party winning the general election came as a surprise to everyone, well, that they won with a majority - no more coalition.
But I wasn't surprised at all. Unfortunately.
I had an awful gut-wrenching feeling that David Cameron would be Prime Minister. Oh dear God! Just writing that sentence makes me feel seriously sick. The next 5 years are going to be dark, very very dark.
But I digress, slightly, as I wa saying I was not surprised by the Conservatives majority win - I just wish I'd have remembered to place a bet in the local bookies, at least then I'd have made a few quid.

Oops, wandering off topic - again.
Nope, no surprise to me that the Tory Party won the general election 2015, but being the contrary lady I am, I was surprised that despite the last 5 years under a Conservative government, oh alright, a coalition government with the Liberal Democrats, that despite knowing how bad everything has been in Britain - people still voted Tory.

If it wasn't so soul depressingly sad, it'd be amusing.
I feel ashamed to be part of a country whose people (Tory voters) clearly don't give a toss about anyone but themselves. Well, they can't do, can they?
How can they (Tory voters) think that the party who are responsible for welfare cuts, increased university fees, and crippling austerity measures are the best choice? It's truly baffling.
And yes, it may be the Lib Dems who lied about scrapping university fees, and then changing their minds and tripled them - but it was the Conservatives who wrote that policy.

I think of David Cameron as the bastard love-child of Margaret Thatcher. You remember her don't you? Maggie Thatcher, the milk snatcher.
Yep, the Tory Party winning the 2015 general election is not something to celebrate, and no doubt that truth with be realised by the eejits who voted Tory - sooner rather than later, they will have to live with the consequences of their actions.

It wasn't just stealing milk from children that happened during a Tory government, the pit closures have completely wiped-out the North of England, but what does Westminster care, simple answer, they don't.

So, now we have David Cameron leading our country. And I'm sure those who voted for his party are over-the-moon. I hope they enjoy that feeling of euphoria, because it won't last for long.
It won't be long until Dave starts to wield his new powers with full-force, and tragic results. We will all suffer - Tory voters included.

No doubt the people who voted for the Conservative party in the general election think that things in Britain were bad before, they probably blame the previous Labour government, and also the Lib Dems.
I'm not quite sure how any of the problems we've got today are as a result of the last labour government, I mean Dave and his cronies have been in charge for the last 5 years, so surely they are the ones to blame for everything that's wrong in the UK.

If you thought the last 5 years were bad, with the Conservative, Liberal Democrat coalition government running the country for the next 5 years, I think you'd better brace yourself for this Tory government because it's all about to get much worse.

Now the Conservatives are in sole power of Britain, unshackled from their coalition with the Liberal Democrat Party, here are a few things that are, or will be happening.......

  • Human Rights Act to be scrapped, thanks to Michael Gove and the Tories.
  • Civil liberties eroded, by the 'snooper's charter'. Our rights to privacy will be meaningless.
  • David Cameron to repeal fox-hunting ban, so that his rich pals can once again take their dogs out and allow them to rip-apart innocent foxes, resulting in a slow agonising death.
  • AUSTERITY. More and more cuts to vital services for the most vulnerable of our people.

That's just a few things that the Tories have planned, probably the tip of the iceberg, and I dread to think what else they're plotting.

Fog!  Not such a nice view now. Welcome to the North!  Thick fog on our walk this evening. #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #fog #foggy #nature #mist #misty #countrywide
Fog. Grim. Bleak. The future for Britain under a Tory government.......

Even if I was a die-hard Tory, which I'm obviously not, I can honestly say I would not have voted for the Conservatives in this general election.
Why? Because before being a Tory, or whatever of the political parties I support, I am a human being.
I am a loving, caring human being, who truly cares about those who are in need of compassion and support.
I could never vote for a political party who obviously do not care at all for people in need.
David Cameron seems to be completely obsessed with paying-off 'our debts' as he likes to call it, although in fact it's not ours, it's his and his government, and austerity seems to be his favourite word.
What he doesn't bother to mention when he's banging-on about how he's managed through his austerity cuts to get 'our debt' under control, is that it's all lies. The Tories are borrowing more and more money, the debt in not paid-off. So, if he couldn't manage to pay-off the debt over the last 5 years, despite such strict austerity measures, how the hell does he think he can do it during his next term in Number 10?
Simple answer, he can't. He won't. People will be forced to survive on less and less, until, well, until they can't survive anymore. And then they'll be dead. But worry not, Tory voters, David Cameron will be fine, in fact he'll be more than fine - he's a multi-millionaire professional politician which means he's not touched by the grim realities of life like so many of us are.

Maybe instead of rambling on I should have just posted what Salma Yaqoob said to Iain Duncan Smith on austerity, on BBC Question Time in June 2014 -
''There are 13 million people in this country who are now below the poverty line, 1 million people in one of the richest countries in the World now face the indignity of relying on food banks....... these are very real issues and it's been done in the name of austerity and we've had this drive of people being called scroungers but actually half the people on benefits are pensioners....... and 60%  of people claiming benefits are in work because the wages are not paying enough; and yet I'm sitting next to Iain Duncan Smith who quite happily labels the poor people as 'scroungers' when you claim £39 just for a breakfast like you can't afford your own breakfast, when you live on your wife's estate and have taken £1.5 million of tax payer's money, that's what I call scrounging, that's what I call shirking.''


Oh my! I still can't shake this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach, it's been there since the general election results were officially reported.
A majority Conservative government in Number 10 for the next 5 years. How utterly depressing.
It saddens me that there are so many people in Britain with no compassion, empathy, or thoughts about the vulnerable people in the UK. I am of course referring to those who voted Conservative.
They should be ashamed of themselves, but like our self-serving Prime Minister, David Cameron - I doubt they give a feck.

I am praying that for once in his political career David Cameron is telling the truth, when he says he won't stand for a third term.
I am inclined to believe him, but only because I think he's definitely telling lies about giving us a referendum on Europe.
I think David Cameron will pussy-foot around the EU referendum for the next 4 years or so, then just before his term his up, he'll stand-down as Prime Minister and leave Downing Street.
That way he won't be remembered in history as the Prime Minister who broke Britain by allowing us to leave Europe.
Maybe I should go to the bookies and put some money on that happening?

That's it!
I am definitely not going to be writing any more blog posts about politics, or the 2015 general election.
Well, not for a long while, I am going to focus on something far more palatable - red wine and real ale.
The blog posts I write on beer and wine are always well received, and I enjoy writing them because they involve drinking lots of beer and wine - obviously.
And with the Conservatives in Number 10 for the next 5 years I'm going to be drinking a lot lot more - assuming of course that I can still afford to.
Conservative Party, 0%!
Red wine and real ale, 100%! 



No comments:

Post a Comment