Saturday 30 August 2014

Aldi Carino Coconut Shampoo, and Coconut Conditioner - Review

There's nothing wrong with the budgets supermarkets in Blighty, which probably explains why they are currently more popular than ever with the British public.
Mr.R drove us to the local Aldi a couple of days ago, mainly because I wanted to buy a few bits and pieces - all beauty products.
I'd read about their well-known face serum, and thought I'd see if they had any in stock.
It was our first visit to Aldi since we've been back in the UK.

Having mentioned the face serum, this blog post is not about that, it's about the Aldi Carino Coconut Shampoo, and the Coconut Conditioner. Hahaha!
I will write reviews about the other products I purchased when I've used them enough to form a decent opinion.

Coconut shampoo, and conditioner


Initially I'd intended to order some organic shampoo and conditioner online, but I changed my mind - I'm contrary.

I'm also seriously indecisive, and Aldi had quite a few shampoos and conditioners to choose from.
It took me three attempts at making my final choice.
Three times I picked a bottle of shampoo, and a bottle of conditioner, off of the shelf and headed toward the check-out. But then before I reached the tills, I'd change my mind and go back to the shampoos and conditioners aisle, and choose something else.
Anyway, eventually I decided that the Carino Coconut Shampoo, and Conditioner were the ones for me.
There were two other scents available, raspberry, and tea tree.
The coconut one is for all hair types.
The bottles are 400ml and cost a low low low 65p each.

I know it's ridiculous but I was getting a little flustered with my indecision because Mr.R and our dog, Barley the lovely Lurcher, were waiting outside for me. They were slobbering over the window, desperate for me to hurry up and come outside to play. Well, Barley was the one standing on his back legs, nose and paws pressed against the window watching me, Mr.R was slightly better behaved, he was just looking at me smiling. Ahh, bless them!

So, one bottle of Carino Coconut Shampoo, and a bottle of the Coconut Conditioner in my hands, and I'd made my final choice.
I paid.
Exited the shop.
We all left.

So, what did I think of the Carino Coconut Shampoo, and Conditioner?
I've used them a few times now, and I absolutely love them.
For 65 per bottle you may think the contents would be thin and watery, but you'd be wrong. Both the shampoo and conditioner are nice and thick.
The shampoo smells delicious, good enough to eat delicious, and it lathers up really well.
The conditioner also smells lovely, and easily untangled my crazy, dragged through a hedge backwards barnet.
A little of the shampoo and conditioner goes a long way.
My hair is, or should I say was before I used these products, horribly dry, and sad. But now it's much less dry, it feels soft, and looks like it's in a lot better condition.
Thumbs up!

The shampoo bottles has this written on it -
Escape to paradise with this island blend of coconut and exotic lychee extracts to nourish and add shine to your hair.
Superior ingredients + affordable price = glamorous hair every day of the week!
Hair smells and feels great!
Improves softness and shine.
Contains pro-vitamin B5. 

Shampoo Ingredients

  • aqua
  • sodium laureth sulfate
  • sodium chloride
  • cocamide MEA
  • cocamidopropyl
  • betaine
  • glycerin
  • parfum
  • sodium benzoate
  • polyquaternium-7
  • styrene/acrylates copolymer
  • citric acid
  • benzophenone-4
  • tatrasodium EDTA
  • polyquaternium-39
  • coumarin
  • sodium hydroxide
  • panthenol
  • cocos nucifera fruit extract
  • litchi chinensis fruit extract
  • potassium sorbate
Coconut shampoo, and conditioner


The conditioner bottle has more or less the same as the shampoo bottle written on it -
with the addition of -
Detangles leaving hair more manageable.  

Conditioner Ingredients
  • aqua
  • cetearyl alcohol
  • isopropyl palmitate
  • glycerin
  • parfum
  • benzoic acid
  • cetrimonium chloride
  • panthenol
  • potassium sorbate
  • coumarin
  • sodium hydroxide
  • propylene glycol 
  • benzyl salicylate
  • cocos nucifera extract
  • lactic acid
  • PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil
  • sodium benzoate
Coconut shampoo, and conditioner


So, although I initially considered buying some organic shampoo and conditioner from a website that I often use, I'm pleased I opted for the Aldi Carino coconut shampoo and conditioner instead.
I know that a lot of so-called organic products still contain nasty chemicals, and didn't want to spend a small fortune this time. And judging by the results, my hair loves Aldi Carino Coconut shampoo and conditioner.
Have you tried Aldi Carino Coconut Shampoo and Coconut Conditioner?
Does your hair love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment