Saturday 23 August 2014

Aldi Lacura ProRevive Hand Cream - Review

It's not only bottles and bottles and bottles....... of wine that we buy from budget supermarkets; Aldi and Lidl.
I recently bought a tube of hand cream, from Aldi.

Lacura ProRevive hand cream. Aldi.


The tap water in our house is horrible.
Yes, I know we are very fortunate to have 'safe' tap water, when so many people in the World don't have access to any water........... But it's all relative. I pay a lot of money for our mains water, and I expect decent tap water, but it's not what I get from the local water board.

Anyway, our tap water is really horrible, it's full of chlorine, by which I mean it is seriously heavily chlorinated, and God knows what other nasty chemicals etc. it contains.
What I do know it that the hard tap water in our house is not friends with my delicate skin. Add that to my obsession with washing my hands a lot, probably more than is absolutely necessary, and it's not surprising that my skin is not happy.
As it's my hands that are washed many many many times during an average day, it's my poor hands that suffer the most from the bad tap water.
My hands are very dry, so dry that they have been cracked and bleeding, which made them very sore.

Lacura ProRevive hand cream. Aldi.

So, what to do about my dry, cracked, bleeding and sore hands?
Well, in an ideal World I much prefer to use chemical free products, or at least products whose ingredient list isn't longer than, oh I don't know - think of something that's very that - that.
So initially I did use natural products, the main tow being olive oil, and coconut oil. And although both oils gave me some relief, and made my hands feel slightly less dry, they just couldn't stop the cracking and bleeding.
So, I thought sod-it! I'll get some regular chemically manufactured hand cream and hope it solves my sore dry skin.
During a recent wine hunting shopping trip to budget supermarket Aldi I bought a tube of their own brand hand cream.
There were three different hand creams to choose from; nourishing, hand and nail, and ProRevive.
I chose the ProRevive moisturising hand cream with UV filters, Beeswax and Vitamin E.
The 125ml tube cost 75p.

Lacura ProRevive hand cream. Aldi. Beeswax. Vitamin E. UV filters.


Initially I was slightly concerned about using the hand cream because I didn't want the scent to make my hands any more sore than they already were.
Thankfully when I opened the tube, the Lacura ProRevive hand cream didn't have a particularly strong smell. I applied a small amount of the cream to my hands and gently rubbed it in.
Immediately my hands felt less tight and dry.
The cream rubbed in thoroughly, it's quite a thick cream, but it didn't leave a greasy feel on my hands, which I thought was really good, as lots of hands creams tend to leave a greasy feel on the skin.
After a while, when I was confident that my skin wasn't going to have any bad reactions to the hand cream, i reapplied, and I continued to use the hand cream when I felt my hands needed it - or more accurately when I remembered to use it.
The main reason I occasionally forgot to use the hand cream was a good reason, within a couple of days my hands were much less dry, and more importantly they had stopped cracking and were no longer bleeding.

Lacura. ProRevive hand cream. Aldi. UV filters. Beeswax. Vitamin E.


Directions for use: Massage uniformly into the skin several times a day.

Information listed on the tube -

ProRevive moisturising hand cream
Protects against light-induced skin ageing.

Lacura* products are carefully formulated with the finest ingredients to provide the perfect daily skincare  routine. You can trust Lacura* to gently care for your skin as each product is dermatologically tested. 

Lacura* ProRevive Hand Cream has a special complex containing:


  • Glycerin which helps the skin to retain moisture so to condition and protect mature skin
  • Beeswax to form a natural lipid film helping prevent skin from drying out
  • UV filters and Vitamin E to help prevent signs of premature ageing
  • A rich formula to soften and smooth the skin giving a younger, fresher appearance
Ingredients listed on the tube -
  • Aqua
  • C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
  • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
  • Glycerin
  • Octyldodecanol
  • Glyceryl Stearate 
  • Octocrylene
  • Cetearyl Alcohol
  • Tocopheryl Acetate
  • Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane
  • Cera Alba
  • Cetearyl Glucoside
  • Sodium Polyacrylate
  • Dimethicone 
  • Parfum
  • Phenoxyethanol
  • Methylparaben
  • Ethylparaben
  • Caprylyl Glycol

Having said I usually prefer to use natural beauty products, I also know that sometimes they just don't work as well as the chemical concoctions do.
I have nothing but praise for Lacura ProRevive hand cream from Aldi.
It has healed the skin on my dry cracked hands, quicker and much better than anything else I've used.
I give it a thumbs up - a lovely soft, moisturised thumbs up. Thank you Aldi you have saved my skin!
Have you used any of the Lacura products from Aldi?
Do you use Lacura ProRevive Hand Cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment