Friday 15 August 2014

Ciro DOP Classico Superiore, 2011 - Wine Review

I seem to have an obscene amount of booze photos on my camera roll, mainly photos of red wine bottles.
I don't like to throw anything away, even digital images, so I'm sharing them all on blog posts on this blog.
Trouble is I can't remember how the majority of the red wines we've drank tasted.
This bottle is a good example of my bad memory. I can't exactly remember what I thought of it.
Also a lot of the wines we have are basic bottles of cheap generic red wine that the budget supermarkets in blighty like to sell. I think this bottle was a Lidl bargain.

Ciro. Red wine.

From the bottle label -
Ciro DOP Classico Superiore is one of the oldest red wines of Italy. 
It was handed to the successful athletes as they returned from the Olympics. 
This wine is made from Gaglioppo grapes that ripen under Calabrian sun and is characterised by a bouquet of dark ripened cherries, black olives, figs and eucalyptus. 
This dark red, aromatic wine is an ideal accompaniment to lamb, game and pork. 
Best enjoyed within 2 years of purchase. Once opened, consume within 3 days.


That all sounds lovely doesn't it?
I say -
This wine must have been fine.
The bottle was full.
Then it was opened.
And pretty soon it was empty.

Yep, that's about it.
Have you tried a bottle of this 2011 Ciro?

No comments:

Post a Comment