Friday 15 August 2014

Blueberries - Homegrown

Mr.R has green fingers.

Our tiny yarden has a few pots with various things growing in them. It's surprising what you can grow in a pot, and in such a small space too.
One of the foods Mr.R has grown for us is blueberries. Small round indigo fruits of pure delight. I love 'em!
Blueberries have been called a Super-Food but I'm not interested in all these faddy marketing gimmicks, and I know they are good for your health, full of vitamins and minerals, but that's not why I like them - I simply enjoy the taste. And home-grown blueberries definitely taste better than the industrially grown shop bought ones.

Our first blueberry. Grow your own.


Thank you Mr.R for your green fingers - and your lovely blueberries.

This was the first blueberry I ate, and it was delicious. Excuse my dry skin, it's the water here - it's horrible.
Do you grow any food for yourself?
Do you like blueberries?

No comments:

Post a Comment