Thursday 14 August 2014

Is Summer Over Already?

It's only the 15th of August. Surely Summer isn't over already?

I don't know about where you are, but where I am it is feeling distinctly Wintry.
It feels as though the Universe has decided to skip Autumn altogether, and commence with Winter.
I'm cold as I sit writing this, and that's despite wearing several layers of warm clothes, and being in a nice warm house.
Crap! We didn't even have a Summer. Well, not as far as me and Mr.R are concerned.
I did see people walking about in Summer clothes, but personally I've been wearing my socks and slippers all 'Summer'. Not out in public, just in the house. I may be a scruff, but I don't leave the house in my slippers, or my nightie, or pyjamas - which would definitely cause some stares because I don't wear any. ;)
I haven't felt particularly warm, not even on days when I've seen people wandering around half naked. Us Brits love to get our clothes off as soon as we see a tiny glint of sunshine.
Anyway, I think that's it - Summer has left and soon the trees will be nude too; leaves dead and covering the ground, skies dark by 4pm. The horror!

Our dog rarely drinks. So we give him ice. ❓#blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #ice #icecube #water #frozenwater
Icecube - Our dogs favourite way to hydrate


This Summer has been so cool that poor Mr.R never even got to wear the cheap flip-flops he purchased a while ago.
I'm sure the photo of them explains why they were cheap - he bought them after England had not even tried to win, and the World Cup had finished.
Mr.R only bought these flip-flops because they were the only pair in the shop. He is not a football fan - and after seeing them 'play' I'd say neither are the England team.

Cheap, not chic. #flipflops #WorldCup2014
For sale, one pair of brand new flip-flops.......


We don't do well in cold dark climates. Although I do like the different seasons we get in Blighty, they all offer something special, it's just I prefer to see them from afar, say via old photographs, and not to actually experience them in the flesh - the cold and sad, not warm and happy flesh.
We feel happiest, and healthiest when it's sunny and warm. All we need is to win an obscenely large amount of money on the lottery and we'll never have to feel cold again.
What about you, do you prefer warm or cold weather?
What's your favourite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment