Friday 15 August 2014

Our Lurcher Doesn't Like Yoga

I love our dog, lovely Lurcher Barley.
I am also quite keen on yoga.
Barley does not like yoga.
That is to say, he doesn't like it when I practise yoga - which is odd because he's incredibly good at yoga himself. His downward and upward dog poses are superb.
Maybe that's why he doesn't enjoy it when I'm trying to do yoga - he sees my wobbling body, ( well, he has excellent vision - he's a sighthound) by which I mean my core is weak and so I wobble and struggle to maintain my balance, and not my fat wobbling - although that too is a pretty accurate, if somewhere disgusting images, of what happens when I feel the need to do yoga.

He doesn't like it when I do yoga.

Anyway, so, yesterday as I was attempting to do some yoga, Barley decided that he'd come over and get a closer look at my pose.
I was supposed to be doing a downward dog. As often happens when I'm practising yoga, I ended up falling on the floor laughing, but thankfully I didn't land on Barley, or hurt him, or myself.

Well, they say laughter is the best medicine, so my yoga practise wasn't a complete waste of energy. Hahaha!
Do you have a furry friend that has to be next to you all the time?
Lovely isn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment